3. Carnival Inspiration
I was on the 5 Day cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Hurricane Wilma, however, was forming near the Caymans so we were diverted to Costa Maya. The embarkation was nearly flawless, hardly any lines and was on the boat around noon. The only hitch is that the rooms weren't ready till 1:30 and that the buffet wasn't ready when we arrived in the Brassier buffet area. The public areas were OK, the public bathrooms were unkept from time to time. Also the way the ship is designed, sometimes you had to go up a level, go across, and go back down that level. Our cabin service was flawless, we had 3 ppl in that room and it was a chore for them. The dining area is where we had problems. We had a waiter who was not flexible with our requests. One of our table mates was hard of hearing, so we decided to move closer after the Starters. This unexpected move apparently was not welcomed from our waiter. There was another couple next to us that was arguing and swearing. We told the Maitre D' about it, but nothing was done, even though he insisted they were here to exceed my expectations. The food was fair at best, the Beef Wellington was horrible. The pool area was usually full of kids and even the Adult only hot tubs had children in them. The water slide was fun though. Costa Maya was a nice stop, there was a welcome area with shops and a public pool. We went to the fisherman's village and had something to eat and drink. Cozumel was Cozumel, been there 2X before and there is something for everyone. I heard that Paradise island was a great excursion from a number of people. Overall the ship was fair. I wouldn't go back on it. It had too many kids on it and I'm used to ships with separate areas for those children. However, it is a great trip for those with big families on a tight budget. Expect a more unrefined atmosphere than other ships. Hardly anyone in tuxedos, myself included. I didn't think I should spend $120 to rent a tux for one formal night. Suit and tie was just fine.

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Usul

However, it is a great trip for those with big families on a tight budget.
Usul’s Full Rating Summary