3. Norwegian Spirit

This was our 5th cruise, but the 1st freestyle and the 1st Alaskan. We went with a large group and had an inside cabin and a balcony cabin- the balcony cabin sure made passing through Glacier bay nice! I really like NCL and there are both good and bad things about freestyle.

The Spirit itself was beautiful! You couldn't ask for a prettier ship! The food was good, too, but with freestyle you don't really get to know your staff, and that can be either good or bad, depending on how you like it. I kind of missed the personal touch of permanent servers and the shows they put on after some of the dinners, too.

The cleaners were okay, but no pillow animals and not always chocolates, either. Funny thing is, that was only in the inside room, the balcony room always got both. Guess categories really do matter!

It's deceiving to say those things first, because I really had a great time and hated to come home! I love Alaska! And when we saw the icebergs, it was very exciting! The only thing more exciting was my brother got engaged on this cruise! So we really did have a great time.

Just a note on Prince Rupert- if you've read further down in the reviews, you'll find some reference to the cow fish in cow bay. It's like the Loch Ness monster of Canada. Watch for it at cowbay. A group of us were standing on the pier when we heard a loud noise- like a cow mooing, almost! But when we turned all we saw was a splash and the ridge of its back. The woman who runs the gift shop can tell you more. I think she'll remember me- she's the one who first started calling the mysterious creature cowfish. Tell her hi for me and hope you all have a great time on your cruise!

Norwegian Spirit - Alaska