• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Cancunyogi
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2005
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Just returned from our Mediterranean cruise yesterday. My quick bio: Have been to Europe 10 times, been on 6 cruises and visited over 30 countries around the world.

First thing first. THE FOOD was excellent. All the reviews I read before I went said the food was lousy. I actually asked our waiter how people could have thought this. He said they just got a new Head Chef from France. Well, he does a fine job. The Windjammer is just a buffet. Basically as good as a 'buffet' can get. The Main dining room food was just as good or better than any cruise I've been on. Everyone - 10 people - at our table fully agreed.

THE SHIP is a bit older. I've been on a Voyager class ship twice before. Don't expect that size, age or perks, but understand they really aren't needed. When I first was on a Voyager class ship, It took me 5 days to explore the whole ship. Even though the Splendour of the Seas is MUCH smaller, I didn't see the whole ship until the last day. The itinerary is just WAY too good - and intense - to be walking around the ship. The bottom line is if you want to go on a nice relaxing vacation to get a tan and party all day - this probably is not the cruise for you. However, if you want to explore one of the most exciting, beautiful regions of the world, then this cruise will not disappoint. The ports of call are all great. Each one is a little different from the previous one.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony