3. Splendour of the Seas
This is my 9th cruise, second with Royal Carribbean. Let's start off with what went right. Embarkation and Disembarkation went very smoothly. Shore Excursions were expensive but well run and exactly what was advertised. The Ports were fantastic. This ship is really starting to show it's age. Carpets in some areas were worn. Sofas in the Centrium were worn. Deck areas needed real attention. The Library Sofas had some extreme wear. The glass is what makes a Royal Carribbean Ship at it was dirty. The Sauna was never warm enough. Some of the public restrooms near the Pool had a very strong sewage odor. I've always thought RCCL did an okay job with food nothing spectacular but they held their own. Not on this cruise, it was awful. Very small portions, wine glasses werent refilled, you had to ask for water in the Dinning Room. The Head Waiter came by an only offered excuses and was "too good" to even refill my glass on several instances. The Windjammer Cafe was dirty crumbs in corner of chairs, on the sofas, carpet was extremely worn and dirty. The food tasted like warmed over leftovers. Non-Smoking sections were not observed by the passengers nor enforced by the crew. They had signs that basically told passengers to have a top on and that bathing suits were not allowed several passengers including a few extremely overweight would come in during lunch without shirts or in bathing suits and eat ------------ DISGUSTING. My cabins was spacious but once again it was worn. The bedding actually had an odor to it and I had to practically hold the Hotel Manager hostage to get it changed on two days I had torn sheets and insufficient number of towels in the bathroom. I basicallly told the hotel manager in a letter my issues with the ship and he told me that "RCCL doesnt need or want passengers like me". Fine I won't sail with them again.

Splendour of the Seas - Western Mediterranean