3. Coral Princess
We cruised on Coral out of Vancouver on the July 23rd sailing. We arrived in Vancouver 4 days in advance and stayed in the Westin Bayshore Resort. This is a beautiful hotel and has a superb location. This was our 7th cruise and our 3rd on Princess. My husband and I are in our early 50s and our friends that we were travelling with are about 10 years older. We arrived at the ship at 11AM and were in our mini suite at 11:45. We met the couple we were travelling with and were having lunch by noon. This was a wonderful cruise. In fact I liked this ship better than the Star and the Grand. The food was good to very good and the service was excellent. I would say that our room steward was superb. There is a lot of selling going on but I just ignore it and enjoy my cruise. I was very impressed with the naturalist on board the ship. Her narration was interesting and informative. She was joined by park rangers in Glacier National Park and they were also great. I appreciated having someone explain what we were seeing and supplying interesting history. Needless to say the scenery was breathtaking. My pictures are awesome. The passengers on the ship were of varied ages but leaning toward 60. There were many extended families of children, parents, and grandparents. There were not many children on board and those on board were well behaved and kept very busy. The entertainment was varied enough to keep everyone happy. We took a number of shore excursions booked through Princess. We went deep sea fishing in Ketchikan and Juneau. We caught a lot of fish. In Skagway we went on the off road jeep adventure. The scenery was amazing because we went to the Yukon in an area called Three Valleys.....Wow what a view. The trip however was dangerous. The jeeps were not maintained and the road was not graded. One jeep broke down and had to be abandoned, another tipped over and the passengers were injured, our jeep over heated and the muffler fell off. Princess should rethink sub contracting with this company. After the cruise we went on a four night land tour with Princess. We took the train to Denali and then went on to Fairbanks. This was a fantastic trip. The train ride was a little too long...9 hours. The scenery from the train however was truly beautiful. The scenery in Denali was also everything I have read about it. All 4 of us had a super time. The lodges in Denali and Fairbanks were both beautiful and comfortable. We would go back on this trip in a minute. My compliments to Coral Princess for a job well done!

Coral Princess - Alaska