3. Adventure of the Seas
This was our first cruise. We had a lovely time and we will treasure the memories for a lifetime. Embarkation went smoothly for us, but appeared hectic for other passengers. I use a wheelchair part of the time and they checked us in very quickly. We were thrilled with our Junior Suite on deck 10. Our cabin was spacious, with a walk-in closet, queen size bed, and a nice size bathroom/shower area. Our balcony was large and had room enough for two lounge chairs and tables. Our room attendant, Buddy, was very kind and made sure we always had what we needed. We were surprised on several occasions with hors d'oeuvres waiting in our stateroom. We ate at the Windjammer Cafe first thing and subsequently several times during our cruise. The food is good, not out of this world, but good nonetheless. We then toured the ship. We were so impressed by the majesty of the ship. We found our way around the ship easily and our first little surprise was the overlook over the bridge where we saw Captain Remos at work. After unpacking, we headed to the Mozart dining room where our waiter, Kaan, and assistant, Mina, treated us like royalty. Each evening we were served delicious, mouth-watering meals in the main dining room. Excellent, excellent service! After day one at sea, we visited Aruba. We spent the day on our own at Palm Beach and it was wonderful. A word about shopping--don't listen to Shopping Shelby. RCI must receive a kickback in St. Thomas because they push you to shop there. The best shopping for souvenirs was in Aruba and St. Maarten, for people on a limited budget. We held out on shopping until St. Thomas only to find expensive items like diamonds for sale. Our second stop was Curacao, where on our own we visited Sea Aquarium Beach. It's beautiful and you can see the cruise ship anchored in the distance. This beach has showers and shops and we truly enjoyed it. The water is very calm--good for children. Our third stop was St. Maarten, where we traveled by cab over to Orient Bay, St. Martin. Once again, the beach was lovely and there are shops, lots of watersports, etc. Our last port of call was St. Thomas, where we ferried over to St. John to visit Trunk Bay. I had seen it on The Travel Channel voted as "World's Best Beach". I do agree! It is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I have never felt more of an appreciation for God's creations than when I visited Trunk Bay in its unspoiled beauty. There is so much to do on this ship that you could never do it all. The only crowded area on the ship was poolside. We enjoyed spending time on the Royal Promenade listening to different musicians. The entertainment was excellent, especially the ice show. The only problem on the cruise was that some poor lady had a heart attack and we did an emergency maneuver so a helicopter could land on the ship to rescue her. We enjoyed every aspect of this cruise, from dressing up for formal night to just sitting on the balcony relaxing. When the cruise was over, we were sad to see it end, but we knew we had a lifetime of great memories. Disembarking in San Juan went smoothly. I would like to note that as someone partially confined to a wheelchair, that Royal Caribbean treated me very kindly, especially the security personnel who helped me on and off the boat. God bless all of you!

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean