• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2005
Cabin:
Traveled with children

My husband and my 6yr old son have been looking forward to this cruise for almost a year. We booked it early so that we could have our families and friends have time to sign up! As of 10:30 am on Sunday morning, both the web site and the customer service representative I spoke with told us that as of that time (10:30am) they had NOT made any changes.

When a van of 12 arrived at Cape Liberty the driver handed us a piece of paper stating that we were being re-routed due to TS Franklin. Not only were we not going to Bermuda, the Itinerary was to go north to Canada. The Captain told us the weather was clear for the next 3 days and warm. I don't know what weather channel they were going by but I barely even saw Canada (which is OK. I have taken this cruise for 1/2 the $$ on another cruise line).

When we docked in New Brunswick, Canada, there was fog, misty rain, and the temp never went over 55 degrees at it's highest. I saw passengers getting off the ship and it looked as though they had never seen a sweatshirt/jacket. (me included). We were freezing. Too cold to take my son to walk around because he just didn't have the attire- Fall/!Winter Clothes.

Cabin bal