3. Oosterdam
This was my first cruise to Alaska and I can't wait to go back! Here is my opinion of what I experienced this trip. The Oosterdam was a great ship. She is showing her wear in some places but the ship was clean and well-kept. We had a balcony room which was great, especially in Alaska. Was my first cruise on HAL and I'll definitely cruise with them again. Staff was friendly, especially August and Carlos (bartenders at the Crows Nest). Embarkation in Seattle was painless compared to what I've experienced in other ports. We stayed an extra night in Seattle on each end of the cruise and highly recommend exploring Seattle while you're there. Stayed at the Sheraton and the Westin and both were excellent. We took the 3 hour city tour. Very informative and well worth $38. Ports of call were great and Hubbard Glacier was breathtaking. The size of the glacier wasn't apparent until we were leaving and there was another ship in front of it which put the size of the glacier into perspective. WOW! Food was good but found the Pinnacle Grill lacking in both service and quality compared to what I've experienced in the past in similar restaurants. The beef was excellent but found everything else to be average. Spa was pricey but service was good. Booked all our excursions thru HAL. Whale watching, Mendenhall Glacier and Salmon Bake in Juneau...worth the money!!! Wildlife Expedition in Sitka....good, but probably wouldn't do it again. Wish we could have gotten closer to the wildlife! Wilderness Crab Expedition and Feast in Ketchikan....very good but didn't think it was worth the price. Orca Watching by Night in Victoria...worth the money. I would definitely take this cruise again!! There is so much more to see and do than we had time for in each port.

Oosterdam - Alaska