3. Adventure of the Seas
Our cruise went to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados. We found the ship a bit too big for our tastes, and I (being a 16 yo teenager) could never find anyone I was looking for to socialize. St. Thomas was pleasant weather wise, but everywhere people were trying to drag you into their shops, go on an island tour, get your hair braided. I understand that it is their only way of making money but it was absurd and I found myself thinking "I'll buy it if they leave me alone!" In the afternoon, we went parasailing, and we can all honestly say that there is no experience as wonderful. It was beautiful, and the boat ride out was fun, too. In St. Maarten, we went to the French side (Marigot) and had a lovely, delicious lunch at a restaurant near the library. The shops there, though expensive, had beautiful clothes, and shoes that you couldn't find anywhere else if you looked for years. The people spoke enough English to understand for my parents and were willing to help me with my French (I take French in school). When we went back to the Dutch side, we again were bombarded with people. St. Lucia was definitely the most beautiful of the islands, but Barbados was the best for shopping... there were malls, everywhere, and the stuff was cheap! As for the kid's program, I found that in the Optix (teen night club) there was nothing to do during the day and grinding and rap music all night. They rarely took requests, and none of the planned activities actually took place. Dinner was the best part of every day. We had a wonderful server who put up with our tables eccentricities and my lactose intolerance. Our table was awesome... I learned how to make a wine glass sing, and how to get a spoon to stay on my nose. We never had a problem finding things to talk about, and the two other teenagers at my table quickly became my friends. Eva, our waiting assistant would also help us at the Cafe Promenade, and make sure we all got what we wanted, and would give us extra things, like one time she got me a pineapple juice because the bar tender was busy. She always offered alternatives if we found we didn't like something. The food on the ship was plentiful, but don't go looking for frozen yogurt after 6:00... you won't find any. The best food was the soups at dinner, and the lobster and shrimp dishes. The pasta was usually ok, as well. At lunch, if you don't eat pork or beef, you may have difficulties if you don't want salad. Overall, the cruise was fun, and we would do it again in a heartbeat, if only for me to get pushed (fully clothed) into the hot tub again, or to go parasailing or shopping in St. Maarten or Barbados.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean