• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2013
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Traveled with children

We have been on several cruises previously the last time we cruised with RCL was 1989 and it had been the best one of them all! Maybe because it was our 1st cruise that we were so impressed or maybe which I believe to be more likely it has just gone down hill from where it was at.

I'm not going to dwell on small issues as I read many reviews here on Cruise Critic before I left. I just want to point out the two that were the most disappointing to me.

The food in the Dining Room we thought was good, not fabulous like it usually is on other cruise lines but okay. The Windjammer on the other hand we thought was so repetitive, they basically had the same foods day after day. The pasta dish they just changed the type of pasta, one day shells, the next ziti etc. Everything just seemed to be the same nothing different so the food became boring. It was the same for breakfast however you can understand that as there are only so many different kinds of breakfast foods. Only one omelette station created long lines and during lunch almost every day they ran out of either plates, silverware or ketchup!

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

The cabins were okay, small like any other ship. The closet was spacious the bathroom was run down. The toilet had dark brown rings in it, rust on the bathroom floor in the corners. The carpet and couch in the room had stains on them big ones not small ones, it just seemed aged.

previous reviewnext review