1. Home
  2. Cruise Reviews
  3. Mariner of the Seas
My wife and I sailed with our two boys, ages 3 and 7 months. We booked the family suite as a splurge so we'd have a separate bedroom for the boys to use for naps. The good: * The room was very large and had a nice balcony. * The nursery was excellent for our infant. The staff there was great. * Our toddler enjoyed the Adventure Club, but the staff in the 3-5 year section didn't seem to know how to handle an energetic toddler. I was hoping they'd be more like the pre-school we use: If he's doing something wrong, correct him and make him stop, but I don't want to hear about it unless somebody gets hurt. * The food was overall pretty good. * The itinerary was fine. * Very good ice show for the kids. The bad: * We had a few cases of bad service. About 80% of the staff really tries hard and the other 20% just don't care. I understand if there's a problem but I expect the staff to try hard to make it right, not argue with me. * The pools are useless for toddlers. They have a small ledge and then go directly to 4-5 feet. * The sports deck is likewise only for older kids. * The crib for our baby was not set up for a few hours after we boarded, and he needed a nap! * The laundry special is useless. They pick up on day 4 and deliver on day 7. Worthless. * The hours for the nursery and toddler club don't line up well with the shore leaves and dinner hours.

Hit and miss

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by colorado_dad_of_two

Trip Details
  • Sail Date: February 2013
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Royal Family Suite
My wife and I sailed with our two boys, ages 3 and 7 months. We booked the family suite as a splurge so we'd have a separate bedroom for the boys to use for naps.

The good:
* The room was very large and had a nice balcony.
* The nursery was excellent for our infant. The staff there was great.
* Our toddler enjoyed the Adventure Club, but the staff in the 3-5 year section didn't seem to know how to handle an energetic toddler. I was hoping they'd be more like the pre-school we use: If he's doing something wrong, correct him and make him stop, but I don't want to hear about it unless somebody gets hurt.
* The food was overall pretty good.
* The itinerary was fine.
* Very good ice show for the kids.

The bad:
* We had a few cases of bad service. About 80% of the staff really tries hard and the other 20% just don't care. I understand if there's a problem but I expect the staff to try hard to make it right, not argue with me.
* The pools are useless for toddlers. They have a small ledge and then go directly to 4-5 feet.
* The sports deck is likewise only for older kids.
* The crib for our baby was not set up for a few hours after we boarded, and he needed a nap!
* The laundry special is useless. They pick up on day 4 and deliver on day 7. Worthless.
* The hours for the nursery and toddler club don't line up well with the shore leaves and dinner hours.
colorado_dad_of_two’s Full Rating Summary
Enrichment Activities
Value For Money
Embarkation
Dining
Public Rooms
Entertainment
Cabin
Fitness & Recreation
Shore Excursions
Rates
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Service

Port & Shore Excursion Reviews