Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by colorado_dad_of_two
- Sail Date: February 2013
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Royal Family Suite
* The room was very large and had a nice balcony.
* The nursery was excellent for our infant. The staff there was great.
* Our toddler enjoyed the Adventure Club, but the staff in the 3-5 year section didn't seem to know how to handle an energetic toddler. I was hoping they'd be more like the pre-school we use: If he's doing something wrong, correct him and make him stop, but I don't want to hear about it unless somebody gets hurt.
* The food was overall pretty good.
* The itinerary was fine.
* Very good ice show for the kids.
* We had a few cases of bad service. About 80% of the staff really tries hard and the other 20% just don't care. I understand if there's a problem but I expect the staff to try hard to make it right, not argue with me.
* The pools are useless for toddlers. They have a small ledge and then go directly to 4-5 feet.
* The sports deck is likewise only for older kids.
* The crib for our baby was not set up for a few hours after we boarded, and he needed a nap!
* The laundry special is useless. They pick up on day 4 and deliver on day 7. Worthless.
* The hours for the nursery and toddler club don't line up well with the shore leaves and dinner hours.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Review
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
FalmouthHad a nice half day tour, but wouldn't go walking around the area on my own.View All 1,150 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Falmouth Cruise Port Review
Grand CaymanWe took a taxi to a beach club and went swimming for a couple of hours. It was ok but overpriced.View All 2,845 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review