3. Carnival Imagination
This was my first cruise as an adult and I have to say I was underwhelmed by the boat itself. there were only 12 decks and I felt that the boat was very small with few options of night time entertainment. The main night time activity was a bar called illusions. This was a great place to hang out and dance but they tried to schedule different theme nights that just didn't happen. For example, on 80s night they got a great crowd that brought in some of the older members of the cruise and yet they never played a SINGLE 80s song. I enjoy the club music just as much as the next lady but I think they could have diversified the play list night to night to bring in different people and change the mood. Also, they could smoke in the bar which was awful for me and my friend since she is allergic to cig smoke and I lose my voice if I spend too much time around it. I know it sounds like I am complaining a lot but we spent every night there so it could not be that bad! The food on the boat was only so so. They did not really understand Italian food at all. The Pizza was like cardboard warmed up and the other Italian food from the dining room was overly salted and not very good. They had some healthy options which were ok but all in all nothing really special. Otherwise, we made some great friends and had a very memorable time. We were always able to find space away from the hoards of children and young families. The kids were managed very well, you barely noticed them on the boat if you didn't want to. All in all I would recommend this ship but with lessened expectations. They show it as a very large and glamorous place but it really felt more like a small boat from the 90s.

Good time on an old boat

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by lynnmarie1513

lynnmarie1513’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Imagination price drops

Interior
Cabin 4I M162
close to elevators, quiet, plenty of closet space, good bathroom. we had three people in this room and the cot that goes on the floor made for limited space but we did not spend much time there so it wasn't an issue.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Catamaran tour
    This was a great excursion if you want to get away from the large crowds on the boat. the beach was relaxing and the crew and staff were very nice. I did a deep tissue massage which was definitely worth the money. They were serious massage therapists and not just trying to take your money. The food was odd, chicken nuggets and pasta? not what I thought I was going to be getting. Also, look out for the shops. I am an awful haggler and I WAY overpaid for souvenirs. I saw the same items back on the main island for far far less than what I paid for them out on the smaller island. But it was a great break from the rush of the boat, clean bathrooms, drinks included, beach chairs and blue water. i would highly recommend this excursion.
    View All 129 Catamaran tour Reviews
  • Key West
    We were not in Key West long enough to really do anything. we walked around the shops and visited a few of the local bars but this one was an AM visit and we weren't out of bed in time to really enjoy. we spent about 2 hrs on shore. I would recommend Hemmingway's house from a previous visit to the island though. it was very interesting.
    View All 1,833 Key West Cruise Port Reviews