• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

MonocacyCruiser
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2013
Cabin: Interior

This is a review of the first leg of a three-leg cruise from Long Beach to New York City. This was my second cruise with Carnival since 1996, my Barcelona-Roundtrip cruise in October of 2012 was a very good cruise.

-----Check-in in Long Beach.

The check-in process in Long Beach was a disaster. While it took only two hours for my wife and I, there were many stories of people that waited for 3, 4 or even 5 hours to get on board. The ship left Long Beach about three hours late that evening and this caused us to be late at our first port of call. While there was no official explanation as to what went wrong it appeared to be because they had too few computers and too few staff to check us in. The woman that processed my wife and I was poorly trained and showed no sense of urgency. She did not know that it was OK for me to have a valid, in-date Brasil visa in an expired passport. She had to get up from her station and find a supervisor to get an OK. I saw many of the check-in clerks get up and leave their stations while I was in this long line.

Interior