• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

cruise pup
10+ Cruises

Sail Date: Dec 2012
Cabin:

4 days of gastroenteritis does not make for a fun cruise. I boarded the ship healthy and remained so for the first 2 days. Then in the middle of the night I experience horrible heartburn that by morning turned into explosive diarrhea. Spent 4 days confined to my cabin with a limited and very horrible food from room service (Jell-o didn't jiggle, it was like a hockey puck). Made several visits to the infirmary and needed i.v. to rehydrate me. I had become so dehydrated my veins collapsed making it difficult to insert the i.v. needle. My arms were purple for weeks afterwards. At least the infirmary didn't send me a bill because I'm more than a little suspicious that Carnival knows it's responsible although the official reply when I enquire about remuneration was that they are not responsible for illness. Whatever precautions they take are not enough. And compared to NCL, they are lax in their sanitation measures. NCL had Purell dispensers by the doors of every public rest room in addition to the ones at the dining facilities. And at the buffet they actually have a crew member spray the hands of the guests as they enter, not taking chances that the guests will do the right thing and take it upon themselves to sanitized their hands.

Okay, so this wouldn't be a fair and balanced review if I just complained about illness. The days I was up and about and using the ship's facilities proved that the ship is a dump. Most of the Atrium area is taken over by the photography dept. so there is no place to sit as each seating area was set up with a backdrop, lighiting and cameras.

Carnival has really cut back in their entertainment as far as music goes. Mostly a few guitar players. The one featured in the Atrium was actually quite annoying. There was a good band in one of the lounges. I attended one of the adult comedy shows. The room was packed. They really need to do this in the main theatre and not the club. The comic was obviously pandering to the crowd by overdoing the foul language. I mean, it wasn't part of the joke, it was just used as expletives in practically every sentence. Without it, he doesn't have an act. The room seemed to work hard at yelling out and making a lot of noise just because it seemed like the thing to do and not because it was part of the crowd's mood.

Find a Carnival Miracle Cruise from $214