Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by therearenowords2002

• Sail Date: Feb 2013
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

We are back from the wedding cruise!!! I will break this up into sections so people can skip what they like.

1. Pre wedding (planning). Prepare to be in the dark. Alot. But fear not, the last few weeks before the wedding all will be revealed. I just wish they had told me that ahead of time so I didn't sweat anything.

2. Wedding day (embarkation). We arrived at the NYC port, it's NYC so it was a bit of a pain, but that's to be expected. When we arrived at the port, we were checked in quickly by security who , by the way, don't check the bride and grooms stuff at all really so you could bring on an extra bottle of wine etc. if that's your thing. When we all got to the holding area, where most of the guests including the non-sailing guests were already waiting, we waited more. We were supposed to arrive at 11am. We did. We were supposed to board by noon. We did not. Something slowed it down, so we finally got on board at about 12:30pm which gave me little time to get my dress on, the photographer to take some getting ready pictures etc. but still... no complaints. Just relax, they do this all the time....

3. The Wedding. It was wonderful. Ceremony was great! We asked for man and though they said it was hard to get, finally got reverand McBride. He was perfect. The food was great, plenty of drinks all around. Everytime I turned aroud there was another waiter with a tray of drinks. An ice sculpture, beautiful cake and I highly recommend the social host with your own music. We had Petah.. he was great. Our onboard wedding coordinator was Precious. She was absolutely lovely. I can't say enough about her. But the star of the show.. Gabor. The photographer. Amazing. let me repeat. Amazing. We bought all the pictures. Be prepared to spend about $3k on them for the whole package , but I am telling you, this man could not take a bad photo. Did I say amazing???4. The Cruise

The boat was smaller, but very nice.

The room was large and comfortable.

The Dining room was silly, but the food was good and our waiter Joey was wonderful.

The trivia was fun

I got to be a judge on the hairy chest contest

The Thriller dance class was great for all of us. including the kids.

The buffet was very busy.

The drinks of the day were very strong.

The 24 hour ice cream is addictive and I stayed away

The mini golf was fun

I saw some people turn the ping pong into beer pong late at night

The hot tubs are not hot and have too much chlorine.

The pools are salt water. I liked that.

They do keep one closed when you are in NYC

The stateroom attendent Jay Jay was so gracious.

5. The Ports of Call

Port Canaveral - we just had lunch with family

Nassau - great snorkeling with Travis from barefoot cruises

Freeport - tacky shopping, but lucaya beach was awesome. They have beachy hut food stands with drinks, some water sports. fun and great pictures.

6. Misc.

The cancelled laser tag twice. eh.

The superbowl party was so much fun!!! Great photo ops and a nice snacky buffet in the Phantom theater.

All of our kids hated the kids club except the 11 year old who got bumped up into Circle C with the 12-14 year olds. The other 4 (8.9.10 and 12) did not like it at all and we were a little disappointed not to have more time to ourselves since we had just gotten married and all.

The prices on bacardi and kettle one were too hard to resist at the duty free.

The formal nights were really really nice.

The disco was pretty cheesy.

We really loved it over all and would absolutely recommend it for families, couples, and weddings. The photos alone are worth it.

Basically , if you are not a control freak and are happy just dealing with the details of your dress, accessories, favors, music, hair and make up.. this is for you. Loved it!!!! We had special touches but left most of it up to Carnival. And they did a wonderful job!!!

therearenowords2002's Full Rating Summary

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8J 6295

Great balcony. Nice size room, tons of mirrors. toilet backs up often.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We got off in Port Canaveral just to have lunch with my new husbands family who live in Orlando, FL. We had a wonderful time at Grills Seafood and Tiki Bar. They were warm and gracious, it was very tropical decor and the food was wonderful.

Freeport

I would skip the shopping, and head to lucaya beach. It was great. The shopping was touristy, pushy and not worth the beach time we lost.

Snorkeling

We booked a snorkeling trip through Barefoot Cruises since two of the children were under 10 and the cruiseline wouldn't let them snorkel. Our captain Travis was wonderful. Great snorkeling, weak rum punch.

View All 255 Snorkeling Reviews