3. Emerald Princess
Embarkation: We embarked in Fort Lauderdale. The line looked very, very long as we exited our shuttle. However, the line went pretty fast as we approached the counter. So, embarkation was fairly fast and efficient. Cabin: Once getting aboard the ship, we instantly went to our cabin to check it out. We had a nice mini-suite on the Dolphin deck. It had lots of room for storage. The bath included a tub and full size shower. Yippee!! The balcony was a good size. We didn't like the open balcony (no ceiling). People on decks above us could see us when we were on the balcony. My husband especially did not like that. But, we thought we would try it to see how we liked it. Now we have our answer. Our cabin steward, Florian, was excellent!! He was the best steward we have ever had. I can't say enough about the service he gave us. Dining: The dining room food and staff was sub par at best. It seemed like the portions were very small and not the best tasting. The waiters were okay, not great. They always seemed to rush everything. We did not have any relaxed dinners there. The Maitre'D did not come to our table. So we did not even know his name. Medical Center: My husband got sick two days into our cruise. The doctor and nurse gave us the best service. They did confine my husband to our cabin for two days because he had a fever. They checked on him a few times. So we were very happy with the service they gave him. Tours: We bought all of our shore tours through Princess. While my husband was sick, they were happy to refund both of our tours we purchased. No hassle, no problem. We appreciated that. Summary: Will we go on Emerald Princess? Probably, depending on the itinerary. But, they do need to improve the dining room.

Emerald Princess

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by sfpen66

sfpen66’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Cabin D236
We had cabin Dolphin 236. It was a great mini-suite! Lots of room, tons of storage. The bathroom was a nice size with a full tub and shower. We loved it!
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans