3. Celebrity Silhouette
Embarked in Bayonne, where an expensive pen set disappeared from the check in bin. we noticed immediately, but no one saw anything and since we thought there was an outside chance we left it at home (which we didn't) and decided not to press the issue. We had requested rhe First seating at a table of 6 to 8, and were put on a standby wait list. We wound up at a table for two , situated not 8 inches from another couple. Space was very limited. Food was "spotty" , one evening fine - the next dinner poor. All ships "Nickel and dime' you but Celebrity is the most obvious about it. My biggest peeve was the shore excursions. We booked 5 and they were so-so. The trip to Toulon to see the Notre Dame du Garde Cathedral involved within the allotted 1/2 hour,climbing 400 steps, a bathroom break, a tour of the church and returning to the bus bygoing down these 400 steps This was a tour that was considered moderate. Moderate for whom?? At least 9 other people and myself could not manage these stairs whic were not properly described in the brochure. When we complained, I was refunded $8.00, a mere fraction of the cost of the tour. But by far the most frustrating and annoying part of the journey was using the web site prior to the trip. It was complicated and inefficient and I had to do my shore bookings by phone. When I complained, the Rep stated she heard the same complaints over and over. When I asked her why this was not corrected, she said that the "Powers that be" don't see any problems with the website. I will be a long time , if ever, that I will consider taking another Celebrity Cruise. Too Bad.

Disappointment - expected much more from Celebrity

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by happynomad

• Sail Date: April 2012
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)
All ships "Nickel and dime' you but Celebrity is the most obvious about it.
My biggest peeve was the shore excursions. We booked 5 and they were so-so.
The trip to Toulon to see the Notre Dame du Garde Cathedral involved

happynomad’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C