3. Carnival Ecstasy
Just returned from a 4 day cruise aboard the Carnival Ecstasy. Read a lot of other reviews before I booked this cruise so I want to give the readers the highs and lows of this trip. Yes, the ship has a sewage smell occasionally. Its not constant or overwhelming, however if you're super-sensitive it might bother you. About our room, it was called a grand suite. We had 3 kids and 2 adults in the room. It was a decent size, and had what seemed to be a larger balcony. However beware passengers who have difficulty with stepping up high....I really did not like stepping into the shower because I had to step into the whirlpool tub and it was at least 30 inches high! Might be a serious issues for older guests. Since it was a February cruise the ship did not seem to be too busy, however most of the folks I saw were treating the buffet like a cattle call. I hate to say that but a ton of rude passengers. Honestly, my husband and I preferred to eat in the Windstar dining room than deal with the buffet. In all, most passengers know what they're getting with Carnival, good price, mediocre food, nice staff, and a party ship atmosphere. Would I sail with Carnival again, yes. On the Ecstasy, probably not. While in Nassau, we were docked next to the Norwegian Epic, now that's a ship I want to try!!!

Nice Room, Tired Ship