Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by CrusinCallie
- Sail Date: February 2013
- Destination: Bahamas
- Cabin Type: Balcony
1. The balcony stateroom was clean and well provided. If you don't mind walking and riding elevators the staterooms in the back of the ship are very quiet.
2. The interior of the Sensation is dated and showing its age. Reminds you of a 70's gaudy Las Vegas casino.
3. Overwhelming number of activities are geared to the younger adults. Big emphasis on alcohol drinking.
4. Staff and crew were very nice and professional.
5. Food was not very tasty. We tried each of the dining areas and found none better than the others. The appearance of the food in the buffet was sloppy and unappealing. The dining rooms offered food selections that sounded appealing but were far from it. To make matters worse the service in the dining room got more inattentive as the cruise progressed.
6. The piano bar had good talent but was hard to hear because of the guitar player, who though good, was very loud whole playing in the atrium area.
7. The entertainment show in the Fantasia Lounge was very good most enjoyable.
Bottom line, would I cruise with Carnival again. Most likely not.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
NassauOne would think that Nassau would improve because of its dependence on tourism. The city is crowded, dirty and needs major infrastructure. We felt safe while walking around but because of the narrow sidewalks it was difficult. Jewelry store after jewelry store is about all that is offered. If you are not into water activities or the big casino resort at Atlantis, there is not much that is not much to see or do.View All 5,278 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review