3. Carnival Triumph
Having cruised many times, I, like others, can honestly say, this was the WORST experience ever, on any cruise line. We took several members of our staff, first time cruisers all, as a thank you for a job well done. We were looking forward to the beautiful beaches of Cozumel, and the sparkling turquoise waters, and were sorely disappointed that we ended up in Progresso.....most definitely a "work in progress". An awful port to spend the night at. Even the beach that we eventually made it to, was less than expected with murky waters of seaweed and sand. Very reminiscent of good ol' Galveston beaches... We rarely saw our steward, and the rest of the staff, as a general rule, were less than cheery. The on board credit of $50 for not sailing to Cozumel was like a slap in the face. Really? Fifty bucks? So, after thousands of dollars spent, we basically went on a cruise around the Gulf of Mexico. Disembarkation was surprisingly easy, but after having changed our pick up time twice, (as the captain told us several different arrival times), the car service charged an additional $168. This was such a disappointing experience all around. I will never, ever cruise with Carnival again. I understand that 'things happen', but they mismanaged this whole affair, and offered a minimal amount of recompense. Royal Caribbean will be our sole choice in the future. And now, this morning, I read about this very ship, stuck in the gulf, being towed to shore. Guess they didn't get it fixed after all. So, I guess it could have been worse.....

Triumph Disappointment