• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

rapunzel18
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2013
Cabin:

We went on the Miracle from Jan. 25 through Feb. 2, 2013. It was relatively inexpensive and left from NY where we live. We just took the LIRR to Penn Station and got a cab to take us to the pier. We arrived at 11:15am so we were given a number, checked in and waited until after 1 pm when they finally called the numbers, one at a time, to embark. We had to go to the buffet because the main dining room was closed. The buffet was mediocre at best. I could hardly chew the meat from the carving station. There were long lines to get to hot food and salad. There was no "make your own" soup center but they did have one soup to try but no fruit soup. Desserts were good. However, the staff moves in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n to clear the tables.

After lunch we went straight to Guest Services. Another long line. I inquired where and when the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet would be held. The fellow looked at me like I had 3 heads. What is Cruise Critic? I explained that I had signed up for a party but the staff had absolutely no knowledge of any gathering. So we missed the Meet and Greet. Sorry, folks. Bah!

Then the ship had the required boat drill, only it was about 15 degrees outside and I was standing still and freezing even though I had dressed appropriately. It would have been more "guest" friendly if they had held the drill in the theatre and in clubs around the ship rather than having their "guests" freeze like that. How about a plan B, Carnival?

Oceanview-always a salty, misty window but nice to see the ocean nevertheless. Closets were large enough for our belongings and the room had a little couch to relax on. Very comfortable.

Find a Carnival Miracle Cruise from $209