• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Island Princess Review

Bugs in my Princess Bed..

Review for the Panama Canal & Central America Cruise on Island Princess
OurWay2Go
6-10 Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2012
Cabin: Balcony

This was our 4th cruise and our first on the Princess line. We chose this particular cruise because of the Panama Canal itinerary. We are in the "way over 70" age group, able to get around and expect to do a lot more cruising. Here's my review:

The Ship: The outside has seen better days, but the inside has nice carpets, dated furniture and yet a very comfortable feel in the public spaces. The atrium was beautifully decorated for Christmas and there was also a menorah which was lighted each day. The ship layout is confusing, as even after 9 days aboard, I still didn't know which way to turn after I got off the elevator!

Dining: We ate at the 5:30 seating in the Provence Dining room each evening. We had a table for two after initially being herded to a table for 10, which was not at all what we requested. The low ceilings in both dining rooms were claustrophobic. The super-fast, napkin in your lap -- menu in your hand -- what do you want to order -- was quicker than McDonalds. Hold the phone.... I'd like a glass of wine first, please. I hate being rushed! The menu was basically the same every night except for 3 or 4 new main dish items. The shrimp cocktail offered every night looked like what you get in a super market platter -- tasty, but tiny. I wouldn't rave about the food, but DH liked the prime rib -- I liked the scallops.

Balcony

Cabin BC
previous reviewnext review

Find an Island Princess Cruise from $648

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.