• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

barbjd106
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2013
Cabin:

My husband and I chose this ship and sailing because it left and returned to New York. This cruise was sandwiched between two Celebrity Cruises out of Florida. We should have just flown to Florida.

People were permitted to dine in the main dining room in anything they wanted to wear. This in spite of a note in the daily Carnival program stating that certain items of clothing, i.e. cut off jeans, flip flops, etc. are not permitted in the dining room. My husband and I were appalled at the appearance of people in the dining room and twice spoke to the assistant maitre's and maitre'd about it. They do literally nothing about it. The maitre'd said people just walk into the dining room. To which my husband replied, 'Then don't serve them.'

We ate at Nick and Nora's five nights out of the eight to escape that awful dining room. I think of it (the main dining room) as similar to a fast food restaurant at a truck stop. Anything goes, food is nothing special at all, bar servers were terrible. The waiters were prompt but seemed harried - I am not surprised. The hostess precious did not even greet us as we entered.

The cabin was spacious inside with a very small balcony. Travelling to and from New York however we would not have used the balcony much anyway. The cabin had a small dressing areas with light bulbs missing from the sockets. The closet lights went on automatically when I opened the door. We had to ask for additional soap when we ran out.

Furniture was low to mid average cruise furniture. Carpet had stains. There were pieces of wood left on a ledge which appeared to be molding that fell off.

1 Helpful Vote