3. Viking Helgi
I can't say enough about the guides on this Viking tour. They were friendly, very knowledgeable and fun to be with. We probably could have chosen a better time of year to have done this trip, as the weather was what we are used to here in New England (drizzly, chilly), and we felt sorry for those folks from warmer climes who had packed shorts. Anyway, where to begin: St Petersburg is a beautiful city. The Hermitage, The Winter and Summer palaces are just amazing. The boat - Viking Helgi - was very comfortable. Meals were great (but I did pass on the reindeer meat) and the onboard lectures were very informative. Every stop along the way had its own story. We especially liked Uglich, a town I'd never hear of. It's a trip I wouldn't mind taking again, it was that good. Thanks, Viking, for a terrific experience!

St. Petersburg to Moscow