• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Carnival Destiny Review

Editor Rating

First time cruisers now last time cruisers!

Review for Carnival Destiny to the Eastern Caribbean
celtic1950
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2013
Cabin:

This was our first cruise and we were so excited to be going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. We met people on line and had our tours booked and was ready to go. Then the day before we get an e-mail stating that our itinerary had been changed. Our new port included Key West Florida (they couldn't take us to another port outside of the USA?). We were sad but decided to go anyway as we wouldn't get our money back for our flight from Chicago. Well, first bad point, we didn't leave the port of Miami on time. I think we only left a port on time once!

2nd, the photographers were so pushy! After having our pictures taken when we go on the ship and then on formal night, we just weren't interested in having more pictures taken!

Third, I was not impressed with Freeport or Nassau! Pushy people there also trying to sell you junk! If I wanted to buy junk I'd have gone to a fleamarket!

1208 Quiet comfortable room. Convenient to dining as we could walk up a couple of flights of stairs and walk down again to burn some of those desert calories from dinner!

previous reviewnext review