3. Norwegian Jade
We did our own travel arrangements and arrived at the train station about 12.30, we walked a short way and the was a shuttle bus to take us to the ship, i the cruise terminal lots of people seemed to be attaching their luggage labels and that seemed a bit chaotic, we already had ours on (smug, I know) so we just handed our cases over, the queue to check in was quite long but it soon went down and check in was simple and efficient. We were on board by 1.30pm As this was our first time on NCL we did not know what to expect, just as we got on board, an announcement came over load speaker that staterooms were ready so we decided to go there first. We originally booked a guarantee inside but changed it to an aft balcony when they had a really good sale, the cabin was great, nice sized balcony with loungers. Went to check out the lunch menu and was not disappointed, went exploring and then to muster drill. First day was a sea day and we had our meet and greet which was superbly organised by Gobar, the were quite a few of us and the we met Gary the cruise director for the first time, Gary knew the area of England we come from so we chatted for a while, he is the best cruise director I have come across, he is very knowledgeable about the ports, the customs and the islands we passed, I went to several of his talks, including the one of his life which is very interesting, he was always around, I really don't know when he sleeps! he even remembered our names, Our ports were Olympia, Athens, Izmir turkey, Istanbul Turkey and Naples , we originally booked this cruise because it was going to Egypt and were quite disappointed when it was cancelled but Istanbul was amazing (especially in the snow!) The entertainment was very good, we went to all the shows, the ships own dancers, singers and band are very talented , there was a four man group called 4ever, they were excellent and I particularly enjoyed the husband and wife high wire act. The age group on this cruise was very wide, the were a lot of younger people, my son did not feel out of place, and they regularly stayed out until all hours!! The food was very good and the only reason I can still fit into my clothes is that we took the stairs not the lift to our cabin on deck 10! We only are in the speciality restaurant and that was at the invitation of some good people we met, we had brunch in Le bistro and it was amazing. Embarkation was efficient, we were off by 8.30 am All in all, we loved this cruise, I really like the freestyle, our cabin was kept spotless by Orlando and I can't wait to go on Norwegian again.

First time on NCL

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by palmplace

Embarkation was efficient, we were off by 8.30 am

palmplace’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 10168
Good size balcony, large shower, coffee maker.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins