• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mpb1230
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2012
Cabin: Aft-View Extended Balcony

As stated in my subject line, I'm a first time cruiser, but prior to my cruise I did an extensive amount of research so that I made the best out of my trip. And thanks to Cruise Critic for a lot of good advice in my research.

I was a bit apprehenive about cruising on the Destiny as it had not received the best reviews. But my girlfriend's boss and family had already booked their cruise and they thought it would be a good idea for us all to cruise on the same boat.

My biggest beef with the Carnival Destiny was the lines and the food. Basically we stood in line for just about anything we wanted to do. Though because we cruised over NYE it probably played a factor as the boat was completely full.

Aft-View Extended Balcony

Cabin 8M

I believe we stayed in 6350 which was an aft extended cabin. The room was redone which was very nice. I knew I was on a boat so the room would be as big as a hotel room. But it was large enough for two guests. The extended balcony was awesome and was one of the better parts of the trip. Our room steward "Mardi" was phenominal and catered to our every needs. Overall I'd say the room was worth the extra money. Especially the extended balcony.

previous reviewnext review