3. Independence of the Seas
This was my first sailing on a true mega ship. I have sailed 100K ships before but not 150K+. Embarkation was a breeze and we were there right as they were letting people on. We were pre prepared by doing everything on line and this helped. Please note. We were gold and the line was short. if you were in a higher class, Emerald and above the line was three times as long. This should not be. Anyways, we were on in a flash and they even let us into our cabin, 2662, Outside Port Side, Rear. Very nice room! This was our 14th cruise and the cabin seemed to be about two feet wider than we had been used to. Great. Plenty of closet space and hangers. Enough drawer space too. Do note, the big towels have hooks built into them so they can hang on the door. If you dont use the hooks the towel will fall off. They neglected to tell us about this. The bathroom is just acceptable. The bed was great. A full queen with a nice firm mattress and decent pillows and linens. There was a nice sized flat screen TV with some programming on it. It did not swing out properly which was a bit of disappointment. The main dining room is really three separate dining rooms with a connected atrium. We had my time dining at 8 and enjoyed it. The food was fine with me, less so for my wife. If anything it came too soon and we would have liked to spend more time at dinner. Our servers Carrie Ann and Savanarana were personable and efficient. There was much hugging by the cruisers and their servers at the last supper. Says something. Nice pool area, always found a chaise but dont expect to come out past 11 and find anything, as you would expect on a cruise ship of this size. Nice space ratio. We didn't feel crowded as when were were on the Carnival destiny a while ago. Decent show lounge but always a bit under capacity for first of the two shows each night. Best entertainment at Sea! We had a real show and a good one, every night we were on (all eight). Having a show the first night was a great way to start the cruise. Having a real good bye show on the last night was a big plus. We walked off and it was a breeze but no cabs for at least 15 minutes! Get there about 30 minutes before walk off time and it will be fine. More later.

Very Nice Ship