3. Celebrity Eclipse
We stayed in the cabin we always try to get. The Sky Suite 2153. Love not having wind on the verandah. We spend a lot of time out there reading and just relaxing. Overall, probably the worst Celebrity cruise we've been on. The Equinox is so superior!!! The ship itself is identical. The crew on the Eclipse was pretty bad. Our butler was great and our maitre d was wonderful. The rest of the people we dealt with were fair to poor. If you asked four different crew members in the stores the same question (which we did), we got four different answers. Our server and assistant server could barely understand English ... just smiled and said things in an accent so severe, no one at our table could understand them. We received a lot of "no's" on this cruise. For instance, one dish had grilled mushrooms and onions. I'm allergic to mushrooms. They knew this. So I asked, "are the mushrooms and onions grilled together?" We got an answer by a nod of the head that meant no. So, I said, "can I please have just the grilled onions ... I love onions." Everyone saw the nod of the head "yes". Steak comes with nothing with it. I asked, "where are the onions". He says something which no one could understand at which time I said, what??? and we finally got "no, you cannot eat". This was pretty much the whole 14 nights. We did eat in the Tuscan Grill twice which was wonderful. Another incident. Upstairs at the buffet one afternoon they had the most wonderful pretzel rolls. The next day I looked and they weren't there. I see a female manager talking by and I asked her if she knew if they were going to have any pretzel rolls again because they were so great. She said "what you see is what you get." Stuff like this happened the entire cruise. Lots of crew members that just acted like they hated their jobs and wanted to not be there but plastered a smile on their face and went through the motions. The pool and solarium areas had dishes and glasses sitting around all the time. Tables were not bussed quickly and one time at lunch by the Grill, all the tables had dirty dishes on them so guests started just putting them on the floor so they could use the tables - they had no where to put them and no trash cans nearby. Various crew members walked by and did nothing. We won't be booking another Eclipse. What a difference from the Equinox!!! Loved the itinerary though and the weather, except in Aruba, was wonderful!!!

The Eclipse - 1/12-26/13

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by TGS1948

We did eat in the Tuscan Grill twice which was wonderful.

We won't be booking another Eclipse. What a difference from the Equinox!!!

Loved the itinerary though and the weather, except in Aruba, was wonderful!!!
TGS1948’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Sky Suite 2153 on both Eclipse and Equinox. Love these cabins. At back of ship on pool deck. No wind on verandah so you can enjoy all the time. Everything worked perfectly.
  Celebrity Eclipse Deck Plans