Just back from a wonderful six days on the Horizon. I was a bit concerned by some of the reviews that I read concerning the condition of this ship and the embarkation in Norfolk. But for the excellent rate we received booking this cruise we were willing to take a chance, we are Captains Club members and booked a guaranteed category 9 stateroom, But much to our surprise we were upgraded to an outside category 6. This ship has one of the best crews we have ever encountered, Every crew member we met was a true professional, from the room steward up to the captain. The ship is small by today's standards and is very easy to get around. The embarkation took a total of 8 minutes (I timed it). we practically walked right on the ship. The room is 172 sq ft with plenty of storage for those who tend to over pack. The food was excellent in the Starlight rest. Just so- so in the Coral Seas Cafe. Yes, there were a few stains here and there on the carpets in the public areas and the mattresses in our cabin were in need of replacement, but overall we thoroughly enjoyed this ship and we would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to cruise to Bermuda on her before she is sold at the end of the season.

Horizon - Bermuda

Cruise Review by gregov

• Sail Date: June 2005
  • Destination: Bermuda
The ship is small by today's standards and is very easy to get around.
gregov’s Full Rating Summary