• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Ramtuff
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2005
Cabin:

Embarkation/Debarkation: Getting on the ship at Port Liberty was quick and efficient. We arrived at 1 p.m. and were on the ship by 2 p.m. I went straight to my room to drop off my carry on bag, and my luggage was already there.

Leaving the ship is a bit of a pain. We needed to be out of our state rooms by 8 a.m., and there were three areas to wait in until our color was called, and they were really crowded. The bathrooms next to each area became rather nasty after a little while and the smell wafted around in the waiting area. They really need to figure out a better way to get everyone off the ship.

Dining: The best dining experience onboard is in the main dining room for dinner. We were seated next to the Captains table in Carmen, and the service was great. The waiters were a lot of fun, especially Frenchie. The food was spectacular. I wasn't too fond about eating at the Windjammer. It was very crowded, and the lines were long. Do yourself a favor and eat breakfast and lunch in the main dining room. The food for breakfast and lunch could have been better...it was Denny's quality. Room service was horrible. Place your order the night before for breakfast. No matter what time of day it was, it took a minimum of thirty minutes for room service to arrive, and they constantly forgot things like napkins, silverware, salt/pepper, etc. The selection of food you can order through room service is also very limited.

previous reviewnext review