3. Carnival Ecstasy
I purchased this cruise as a belated 40th birthday/Christmas gift for my husband. I have previously sailed on RC Jewel of the seas, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Spirit and now, Ecstasy. Let me first say that if you can't enjoy yourself on a cruise then you're just a miserable person. I'm easy to please and don't require 5 star lodging. My only "complaints" aren't really complaints but more disappointment having been on newer/larger ships (Freedom) this one didn't have as many of the features I enjoyed on other ships such as the interactive stateroom TV where you could view the daily menus, review your sail & sign account as well as order excursions and the easy to understand live map system for the ship's location. They had a similar feature on this ship, but wasn't as nice. I've always chosen the inexpensive interior room as I prefer to spend my money doing other things outside of the room, off the ship. The layout of this room M240 was slightly different with the bed configuration being sideways where I've always experienced the foot of the bed facing the door. This is just an observation, not a complaint. Also, no mini fridge in our room and the bathroom shower had a curtain vs the doors...that I didn't care for. There was also no shelf space in the bathroom for toiletries as I'd had before. My next observation is kind of a complaint, but not limited to this ship. I know when you go on a cruise, you're not there for the TV...however my husband & I like to put on the TV when we get into bed. The channels are very limited with only a couple stations and on some the audio was very distorted so you couldn't watch it. There were 2 comedians as part of Carnival's new "Punchliner comedy club" Brian Mckinnon (sp.?) kinda looked like a slim Drew Carey was funny...the other guy, Ron...not so much. The "Hasbro game show" was fun to watch as was the "Game of love" and the "Motor city" show was neat with lots of costume changes. Overall it was still great fun. I have to say that I was really disappointed in the fact that this was my 3rd carnival cruise in the past 5 years and the menu was exactly the same... :-/ Maybe its because I've always cruised in the January-April time frame? Food was really good...but I would have liked to have something new! Lastly, embarkation was a breeze...we were on the ship by noon. Debarkation was decent as we had tag #3 due to our flight out at 12:25pm... we purchased the cruise shuttle (provided by Mears) for $35 pp. It was just under a hour ride from Port Canaveral to the Orlando airport.

Enjoyable & good price!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by K&JWood

K&JWood’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior
Cabin 4E M240
M240. Rear/Aft interior cabin. No mini fridge, configuration of king bed awkward as we bumped our heads on the above bunks (they were not in use, but stuck out a few inches over our heads) Also no night stands on the sides due to room layout and very tight space to get out of bed on the side next to the wall. Very little shelf/storage space in the bathroom for toiletries. Shower curtain vs. door was a pain in the butt. No real climate control except ceiling fan we could turn up or down, but not change the temperature. I know orange is Carnival's color...but it makes the rooms feel dated from the 70's with the orange rug & "curtain" (to make you think you have a window).
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Loved it! Our guide Michael was wonderful. He was friendly, fun and informative! Great snorkeling, good lunch (try the conch fritters) and enjoyed the informative nature walk.
    View All 83 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Key West Aquarium
    Small but inexpensive way to kill an hour. We purchased a combo ticket that got us the aquarium, trolly tour and the shipwreck museum. $48. Sadly we didn't get to ride the trolly much as we were busy wandering on our own.
    View All 12 Key West Aquarium Reviews
  • Key West Shipwreck Museum
    Informative. Climbing the tower was neat.
    View All 4 Key West Shipwreck Museum Reviews
  • Trolley Tour
    So much to see in Key West. LOVE the free roaming chickens & cats! I took some bread from the ship in the morning to feed the chickens.
    View All 87 Trolley Tour Reviews
  • Atlantis Aquarium
    Beautiful, but a little pricey. Even taking your time, you can get thru it in 2 hours or less.
    View All 98 Atlantis Aquarium Reviews