3. Norwegian Spirit
This was our first cruise so I can't compare it with ones on other lines. We flew into Seattle the day before our ship left and I recommend that everyone go at least one day ahead. We arrived at the cruise terminal about 12:15 p.m. and we onboard by 1:00 p.m. It was easy and so quick! The sailaway party was so much fun, the bbq was good and watching Seattle fade away was so touching. The ship is beautiful and very well kept. We have a balcony cabin very aft and it was fine. We met our room stewards right when we got to our cabin and they were wonderful to us the entire trip. I can't say enough good things about them. My husband was sick a few days toward the end of the cruise and the room stewards came and checked on him two times. They noticed that the do not disturb sign had been on the door all day. They asked if they could get him anything and also asked if he needed the doctor. Each night on our bed was a new towel animal and a piece of chocolate along with the next days dailies. They kept our cabin spotless. We found all the staff to be exceptional, always friendly and always willing to help. The food was good. The buffet had plenty of variety and the only *bad* thing about it was that it was often crowded and tables were not cleaned off and the food was not real hot. But we liked the food. The waffle station and omelet station were great, sandwich bar and salads great at lunch and the ice cream bar for anytime was fun! They had different themes.. like Mexican, Italian, Chinese, etc. One certainly never is hungry on a cruise .:) You can take your food outside and eat on Raffles Terrace. That was really fun because it was a bit less crowded at peak times and the weather was great. The main dining rooms were lovely and it was fun to go to them. The food was excellent the times we went. Try the crepes suzette. On my birthday we ordered the chocolate souffle from room service and ate it and drank coffee on the balcony as we entered Tracey Arm. Life is GOOD! We were lucky enough to be able to go to a Meet and Greet. It was really fun meeting the people and we would run into them again off and on all week. They were great and the cruise director, Mike was there to talk to us. Entertainment was great and we really loved it all. Jane L. Powell sang mid week and again two nights later. DO NOT miss her performances. All the shows by NCL and the comics were really entertaining and the theatre is lovely. The bands were fun too as was the staff show and the passenger talent show. We were blessed with good weather the entire week. Cruising up the inside passage was beautiful and we saw whales (orcas and humpbacks), sea lions and eagles and seals from the ship. We only went on two shore excursions. We went with Capt. Larry out of Juneau whale watching. It was AWESOME!!!! And we took the White Pass railroad in Skagway. Scenery and history was great! The trip up Tracey Arm is something we will never forget. We were able to get up to Sawyer Island before having to turn around because of ice. We were blessed to have great weather and to get that close. Words can not describe the beauty. Sunsets we lovely all week and we took above 300 pictures on this trip. Bring lots of film or memory cards and extra batteries. We stayed up late and got up early. All that sunlight! :) We want to cruise again as soon as possible and want to stick with NCL. We love the concept of freestyle. We loved that there was so much one could choose from to eat and also all the activities onboard. Disembarkation went so smoothly that we were at our hotel in Seattle by 10 a.m. We stored our luggage and toured the downtown area near where we stayed and Pike Place Market and the piers on foot. Oh my.... we walked and walked and walked. We live in the mountains of Colorado and although I wanted to go on a cruise, the Alaska destination was really for my husband. I thought that a mountain was basically a mountain, was a mountain. Was I EVER wrong!!!! The scenery in Alaska is so pristine and awe inspiring. The Spirit is a beautiful ship and our cruise was the best time ever!!! I hope you all enjoy yours as much.

Norwegian Spirit - Alaska