3. Jewel of the Seas
We have been on RCL cruises many times in the past and the Jewel of the Seas is one of our favorite ships. The size of the ship is great, not too big and doesn't feel crowded. Embarkation was smooth and quick. We arrived at the pier at 11 and was on board by 11:15. We used valet parking which is $20 per day, compared to $14 to park in the garage across the street. Very convenient. Our cabin was a standard balcony, 2 chairs and a table. We have had aft balconies in the past but none were available this trip. My husband likes to smoke cigars but this time someone complained and we were notified that he couldn't smoke. I think the policy is flexible, just depends on your neighbors. The food was excellent. We ate dinners in the main dining room, second seating. We had asked for a table for 2 but was assigned to an 8 person table. Turns out our table mates had the same last name as ours which may be why we were paired with them. All selections were excellent, service was fast and attentive. We ate at the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch and found the food very good there. Never was too crowded; a good spot was aft of the Windjammer in an open air area with plenty of seating. We went to a few of the shows in the Coral Theater which was never very crowded. The juggler was very good, which I didn't expect. We didn't get off the ship in Cozumel since we like how the ship is almost empty on port days, and we had been there before. We did take advantage on booking another cruise while onboard which allows for a smaller deposit plus a shipboard credit for the next cruise. Leaving the ship there were no lines. I think a lot of people do the carry-off luggage which empties the ship earlier and faster. Four days is really not enough but for a short cruise, we enjoyed it very much.

A great short cruise