Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by waytogofromhere
- Sail Date: December 2012
- Destination: Southern Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside
2. Bring a bar of soap. All they have is liquid soap and does not lather well.
3. If you are a wine drinker take advantage of the wine package offered the first day of the cruise. It gives you 25% off - you can choose from a low, mid and high end wine, you can choose minimum of 4 bottles and (we did 6) It was a very good deal. 4. If you get a chance participate in the Chef's Table - cost is $89.00 per person, only offered to 12 people. It is a 12 course meal with wine pairings throughout. Also, champagne before and after dinner drinks after. Although, our group went through 21 bottles of wine so we never made it to the after dinner drinks. You take a group picture with the head chef and also individual pictures with him. By the time you finish dinner the picture is waiting for you along with a signed menu. While it might seem expensive - if you went to wine dinners anywhere else it is on par with what you would pay. It was an awesome experience and one I would repeat on future cruises.
5. Take advantage of all the speciality restaurants. I could never eat at the main dining room for all 12 days. I would seriously get sick of the food. It does not vary all the much. Which I guess they do so you will go to the speciality restaurants. But for $20.00 or $25.00 per person you get a fantastic meal. There is so much waste of food by people that I do not see anything wrong with them charging extra for the "really good food". It is a shame to see what people put on their plates and just throw away. We went to all the speciality restaurants, but particularly enjoyed the Brazilian one, French, steakhouse and sushi (al la carte).
I did think the entertainment was lacking. We had a hypnotist who was great, and a opera type singer on the last day was fantastic. Everything in between not so great. NCL needs to spend more money and attract better entertainment on ships that are not their "star" ships