3. Costa Mediterranea
Embarkation was at 1pm so gave us plenty of time to arrive at port. Flew in day of cruise on non-stop cruise from Montreal. We normally book way in advance of our cruise, but this time my husband came across a deal we could not pass by. 10 day cruise to the Caribbean starting in Miami with 1st stop Nassau, Bahamas followed by 5 other Caribbean ports. The Costa Mediterranea ship is in great shape for a ship that is almost 10 years old. I love all the Costa ships; we find them absolutely fabulously decorated from top to bottom. Their entertainment committee are always lots of fun to watch and participate with. We were in a huge balcony stateroom on deck 6 mid ship. Great location with absolutely no noise issues. Food was quite good except for the specialty restaurant food that we regrettably had. Costa does not have a famous cook representing their specialty restaurants so I would not recommend their food at all in this venue. The charge for 2 was $67.00 (service charge included). We also purchased the drink package at arrival. They do not charge extra while in port for the pkg. Cost was %25.00 per person per day. The price was absolutely the best we've ever had but I must say the house wine by the glass was also the worst we've ever had. White or red chardonnay was La Terre, which is most commonly known as "the terrible" which in fact it was. Water, soda & cappuccino or espresso coffees included. We would take this package again if only their house wine would be drinkable. Have only nice things to say about staff on board, from room steward to maitre"d as well as dining room steward & assistant. Even guest relations were very helpful. Had cruise previously on 5 other occasions with Costa & loved every single one of our cruises. Three times to Caribbean & twice to Europe. If you like to dance or just enjoy other dance, this is the cruise line for you. Costa has the best dance music at sea. Their musicians are fantastic!!! and so many dance floors to dance on; I have never seen on any other cruise line. Even beats Cunard's ship that claim they have the "Biggest dance floors at sea" Hope this review is helpful in any decision you are making towards cruising with Costa.

Pre Christmas gift to ourselves.

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by leyla

leyla’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Costa Mediterranea price drops

We had a balcony cabin mid ship which was in a great location. No noise issues whatsoever. Lots and lots of storage space and closets. As I tend to pack lots, I would of liked more hangers. I know I could always ask for more but made due with what we had. Nicely decorated room with two wall pictures. Two night tables with lamps and also a beautiful wall murano glass light fixture by the vanity area. Bathroom was spacious with regular sink but large area surrounding the sink and lots of room for storage of toiletries. Also had a make-up mirror on the wall. When times comes for updating, perhaps showers without the curtain with be in order, but space inside shower was very large.
  Costa Mediterranea Deck Plans