• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ShellyCruiser
10+ Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Dec 2012
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

We went on a short 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Independence of the seas in December 2012. Apparently it was the ships first cruise in the US in 4 years. Previously it was in the UK.

The food in the windjammer was nothing to rave about and it was very difficult finding a place to eat, especially during lunch. We have been on the Freedom class before and didn't find this to be an issue. The internet service was horrible and my cell phone didnt work when it should have. It wasn't my phone carrier service either....it was definitely the ships issue. Our stateroom service was pretty good. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of our balcony.

The biggest issue was the dinner service. The food was great but service was bad. It was the worst service we have had on ANY cruise line. I don't even know what our Waiters name was because he never formally introduced himself....and we were early to dinner the first night. Including myself, there were 4 people at the table. Someones dinner was wrong every night and twice my husband didn't get his appetizer. Our assistant waiter made up for what our waiter lacked. The excuse was that people in the UK were different to serve then in the US...I am not going to complain about slow service but getting the orders wrong has nothing to do with that. Our waiter kept saying he was busy but our area was very quiet...It was not full and a whole table never even showed up. We never saw the head waiter so we could not bring up our concerns to him.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E1

Nice location, extra large balcony.

Port Reviews

Perfect Day at CocoCay

I love Coco Cay. You can be in the action of a ton of people or take a short walk down the beach and be alone. Snorkeling is great there too! Many bars. Island is in great shape. Beautiful!

Freeport

Didnt have any time to research this port as it was a last minute decision of the cruise line. We were only there for a few hours and didnt have time to leave the port area....Very boring. It was interesting to see the other ships that were in dry dock.

2 Helpful Votes