3. Grandeur of the Seas
I have cruised before 9 times. This was my third cruise with Royal Caribbean and I regret having spent so much money in this cruise. The check in procedure was ok, but we had previously checked in online. I was travelling with my husband, my daughter and her husband and 20 other passengers who were part of the family of my son in law. Most of us had previously taken cruises. We arrived at lunch time, so we decided to go and have something for lunch, so we went to the Windjammer which is the cafeteria. The variety of food was very scarce, but the drinks were terrible: the coffee was undrinkable, the orange juice was half water and half juice, the fruit punch was even worst. The only drink which was very good was tea. Then we went to the pool which was crowded. This ship has only two swimming pools: one that is exclusively for adults and other who is for children and adults. The floor surrounding the swimming pools was always wet and dirty and we never saw anyone from the staff cleaning or drying the floor. The same thing happen in the cafeteria and the restaurants, they only cleaned when they closed. Our steward was a Costa-Rican man, we didn't know his name because he never introduced himself. He did his job OK, the cabin was always clean, but he didn't offer to do anything else. Once we sent some clothes to the laundry, and he never replaced the laundry bag. He was disturbing us all the time even when we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign. He only spoke to my husband because he was travelling with his American passport, he never spoke to me. As I mentioned before, the food was bad at the cafeteria. They only have one or two varieties of meat. Almost daily there was a roast beef which was greasy and they didn't know how to cut it because they usually cut very wide slices, the same happen at another cafeteria were they served snacks. The only thing which was good was pasta. At the main dining room, the Great Gatsby food was OK, sometimes they have very good dishes and sometimes they were just acceptable. We were very lucky to have a very good waiter who was from the Philippines; we believed he was the only one from the staff who deserved a tip. The land excursions were just acceptable. The shows were not very good and the music was basically Latin music, although at the Crown bar they had modern music for young people. One day there was a show exclusively for women where there were five strippers, but one of them was Rico, the entertainment director of the cruise, which we think was not appropriate for such a show. Overall we believe that something is happening with royal Caribbean or that they believed that since most of the passengers were of Latin Origin, we do not deserve the quality of service they give to American and European people, and they charged us much more than other cruises in the region. Of course all the group agreed that this is our last cruise with Royal Caribbean.

TERRIBLE AND DIRTY SHIP

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by analuzdi

The land excursions were just acceptable.
analuzdi’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

We booked a large interior cabin which was almost the same as my daughter's which was a standard interior cabin. The closes and the bathroom was OK, but the space is very limited. Our cabin was on the deck eight, and since it was close to the elevators it was too noisy we heard since a lot of children running and shouting all the time.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans