3. Carnival Spirit
Firstly I would like to point out that this is our 20th cruise, (7th Christmas cruises) but first time with Carnival. We were both looking forward to sailing on the Spirit as we were informed that it was higher star rating then the Princess Line and Royal Caribbean, but this is not the case -Too many out of control children as it appears no restriction on number of children on board and no curfew time .Parents need to be more responsible for their whereabouts. Parents just let there children run wild. If you are a family then this is the cruise ship for you. We reported to security about the behaviour of the children on board twice, in one case I was in the gym and witness young children indecently exposing themselves through the window above the spa in front of people that were using the spa. It appeared there was underage drinking on board, as we seen on numerous nights teenagers affected by alcohol which we also reported to security. -No enforcement of passengers using sensitizer in the buffet and restaurant areas -No staff in buffet area worn gloves in handling food -Dress code in Restaurant was not enforced, e.g.; shorts, thongs (other cruise ships at night makes you feel like you are in a different world. -Although not everyone is a smoker, (but I do) there was restricted areas that you were allowed to smoke, Deck 9 & 10 fwd (Deck 10 is open area so no good if raining or windy, Deck 9 is in pool area with children around) Other cruise liners you have promanade deck, I felt I was always at the back of the boat and had to go up to the front of the ship to enjoy a smoke.

Disappointing with Carnival Spirit

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by 2thatlov2cruise

• Sail Date: December 2012
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

-No staff in buffet area worn gloves in handling food

2thatlov2cruise’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8F 8207
We had a balcony cabin which was impressive and clean. The bathroom is big and the basin is large. Not enough coat hangers in wardrobe but enough hanging space. TV - the movies repeat every 7 days.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins