3. Norwegian Sun
Embarkation - We drove from Naples, Fl to the port. Dropped our luggage and went to park. 3 Times I was told the C garage was full. Stopped at the E garage and they said for the SUN needed to park in the C garage. They radio and the garage was "open". Told them to tell the guards to open the gates. Drove back around and they were open. 2 full floors of parking spaces.....Imagine that. Wasted time Ship - This was our 25th cruise and the first on Norwegian. Ship was older. We have been on 2 other Christmas cruises (Carnival). Norwegian did not decorate very well. Some decorations, but not to the extent we had seen in the past. Cabins - Our cabin was a balcony but considerably smaller than on other cruise lines. Very cramped and kept bumping into each other. Just the wife and I. Our balcony was larger because we had the last balcony on the starboard side, deck 9. Entertainment. Ship shows were not good. I left the opening night and the Ship show SHOUT early. Did not go back to any other shows. Did go to one seminar (Hypnotist) and it was good. The bands Lori and boys, Adams Rib and the DJ were great. Dining - We loved the freestyle dining. We met lots of people and really had a great time. Food was excellent. We went to the Brazilian steak house. Would never recommend it to anybody. Service was lousy, but the food was just OK. Services - Our cabin steward was outstanding. Had no issues with any of the waitstaff. The bartenders were great. Loved the BBQ on the pool deck. Tours - took 2 ship tours and one on our own. All were good. No complaints here. Debarkation - Very smooth and efficient. They did a good job. Overall reaction - Would I cruise Norwegian again...Yes for the right price...Would I cruise on the Sun....Maybe if i could get a larger balcony. We live in Florida and now have our pick of cruise lines. Price and amenities will be the deciding factor in the future. It is hard to beat Plantinum on Carnival. But we will take cruises on other lines.

Christmas On the Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by rjc1117

Debarkation - Very smooth and efficient. They did a good job.

rjc1117’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BD 9275
Small balcony room. Shower was too small. Closet and drawer space was minimal. Balcony was large since we were the last balcony on the 9th Deck on the starboard side. Cabin steward was great.
Fjord Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins