• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2012
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom

Took Jewel of the Seas trip from Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in December 2012. This was my second trip on a Royal Caribbean Radiance class. Albeit, 10 years in between cruises. Let me break down my review:

Reservations/Website: The entire reservations process was a mess. We called to make the reservations. We booked a room with a balcony. We started doing internet research and realized that room had an obstructed view. We called back and they told us, that is was only 10% obstructed. They then emailed us a picture. Ugh, it was a construction crane. So, called back in the next day telling them that we no longer wanted to pay for the balcony and would like a room with a window. Well, got some big attitude "you can't do that!" She was not going to change our room until we threatened to cancel it. Until she finally looked at our booking date and realized we could cancel or go down a level. They also told us that she would take care of signing us up for the Crown & Anchor club and she never did.

The Ship: Overall, ship was in good shape. A little age was showing in some of the public areas (overused, aged furniture and only two billiard cues that actually had tips on them, etc.), but overall ship was clean. The pools tended to get crowded and tough to find a lounge chair. I ended up going down to Deck 5 to find a lounge chair out of the sun-- once the chair were so dirty I could not use it, and another time they were being washed, so again could not use them. So, never really got my quiet lounge chair time I was looking for.

Large Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin F

Last cabin aft on Deck 3. Was right below the dining room, so you did hear a little noise in the morning was they set up for breakfast and as they cleaned up after the last dinner seating. Overall, not bad.

1 Helpful Vote