• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ltcTN
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2012
Cabin:

First time experience with Azamara Club Cruises. I am happy to say it will not be my last!

I did extensive research before booking this cruise. Recently widowed, my wife and I had a goal to touch every continent and Asia was next. This ship and line looked like it would fit the bill. I booked the cruise 9 months prior with a discounted single supplement. I included the air and pre/post hotel stays. It was definitely worth the 26 hour travel time to get to the debarkation port of Chennai, India. The following ports of Port Blair, Andaman Islands, Yangoon,Myanmar , Phuket, Thailand and finally Singapore were all exciting.

The first stop was Port Blair, Andaman Islands! WOW! Lets just say they need to fire the sanitation director! I tagged along with another couple that hired a Tuk-Tuk cab to drive us to the beach. I did not realize cows loved the beach! Raw beauty in Andamans!

Cabin 2A

Cabin 7082 is real convenient to all activities and all decks of the ship. The only drawback to the room is the small shower. Yes it is a bit encroaching but not a deal breaker. The room steward Agus is over the top exceptional. The guest laundry is two doors up towards mid ship and across the hall. Windows Cafe is 2 flights up and Discoveries is 2 flights down. I would book the room again.

Port Reviews

Singapore

Singapore was the final stop and debarkation point of an 11 night cruise from Chennai, India ! Absolutely wonderful place to spend time. It is a bit expensive in the larger hotels and the upscale commercial areas. I spent a large amount of time in the old colonial neighborhoods, primarily Chinatown! I was able to secure a good deal on jewelry for my daughter and office staff. I can recommend Myers Jewelry but make sure you brush up on your bargaining skills and do not be ashamed to set your price and not move!

Food abounds in the neighborhoods. We ate in the food court at Hawker Center and had a wonderful cultural experience. Singapore could easily be a destination trip of several days.

previous reviewnext review