3. MSC Musica
My sister and I booked this cruise because of the price, then we started reading the reviews and got a little worried. As always, the embarkation process is long and full of sales pitches. It was a cold, rainy day in Venice, so standing outside to leave your luggage and get preliminary paperwork was not fun at all. The Musica was tastefully decorated overall. Our cabin was wonderful and we loved having the balcony to sit in private and just hang out. On my other 2 cruises, our cabin steward became familiar, on the Musica, he was like a ghost. He would speak but was not overly friendly or helpful. It was nice that they provided shampoo and body wash in a dispenser in the shower. The bathroom was typical and had good lighting. There was good lighting in our cabin and a couple of nice large mirrors so you could put makeup on while not in the bathroom. The food in the dining room overall was good and of good quality, presentation could have been a little nicer. There were only a couple of meals that they had olives and unfamiliar fish in everything and I ended up getting one of the always offered entrees. I'm not a picky eater, and actually pretty adventurous except for fish. Breakfast was a little disappointing because they didn't offer Eggs Benedict at breakfast, but offered it at lunch one day. Also the eggs were cooked at a high temperature which made them tough. I dislike the water & drinks policy, American and Canadian passengers get vouchers for 1L of water at a meal other than breakfast, 7 vouchers per cabin. You don't even get ice water or iced tea at any meal other than breakfast. Our waiter, Junaedi (sp?)and the assistant waiter, were terrific. After a couple of meals, they became intuitive about your needs and desires. We only ate at the upstairs Buffet a couple of times because we found it absolutely insane and crazy with people pushing and grabbing food out from underneath you. Be prepared for line cutting, rudeness and almost being knocked over by some of the other passengers, I don't recall having this issue on another line and my sis, who is a veteran cruiser said the same thing. The funny part is, it wasn't Americans who were rude. Expect announcements to be made in 5 languages, that was actually pretty interesting.

Much better than expected!

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Bessa63

Bessa63’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Cabin was very nice, the beds were placed with the heads towards the front of the ship, which was good. Nice to not have to use a converter because of the dual voltage in the room. Shower and bathroom were decently sized.
  MSC Musica Deck Plans