3. Adventure of the Seas
One week ago we returned from a 7 night so. Caribbean cruise. The last night on the ship I had a sore throat, the next day a head cold. the next day terrible chest congestion. I have been out of commission for the entire last week, am still coughing, achy, out of breath, and tired. THis, the week before Christmas! I was extremely careful to use hand sanitizes and wash my hands frequently since I had cancer a few years ago, but got it anyway. I'm wondering if others also got this disease. This was our second cruise, the first in the Mediterranean, aboard the Celebrity Summit. So, to compare; cabin about the same. service on both good, food - much better on Celebrity, but we were able to find things we liked. The first dinner on board I ordered the strip steak, and it was too tough to chew. Other items were better. The night we went to the Portofino, after hearing great things from our main dining room table mates, we were very disappointed. The appetizers were excellent, but again, the steak was awful - mushy and flavorless, and dessert lousy. Also, we were assigned to a table for 6. One couple was honeymooners, and the other couple was about our age - 60ish. The first night, it was obvious that the young couple was not happy to be at our table, and they did not return. That left us with the one other couple. The night that they ate at the Portafino, we ate alone. Other nearby tables had 8 person seating, and we could hear them laughing and sharing daily stories. We felt very left out. On our Celebrity cruise we were seated with 3 other couples, all of whom we enjoyed enormously, and since they were one of the main reasons we enjoyed that cruise so much, we were very disappointed. I think RC did assign people by language, but they could certainly go further in finding similar backgrounds - as Celebrity does. Also, our table was in the back corner, behind a room partition, so we could not see any of the shows. This was not a very expensive cruise, thus, you get what you pay for. If you want a higher class cruise experience, you probably shouldn't sail RC. I doubt that we will again.

You get what you pay for

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by crazygracie