3. Norwegian Gem
This is my second time on the Gem and I must say that it seems very well maintained for a ship of its age. The Gem shined again in this Eastern Caribbean jaunt. What I liked about this cruise was the number of sea days! We had 3 days down and 2 more on the way back. I shy away from the new port every day itineraries because they wear me out! The ports: Samana, Dominica Republic. This is a very underdeveloped port but offers the naturalist a chance to see untouched beauty that may not last long. St Thomas is always a great stop and very pretty. St. Maaten (my first time) seems very American styled, but I understand that the french side is a better bet for the next visit. San Juan was a lot of fun and a great historic treasure. The food on board was all well prepared and had a lot of variety. Bread at the table is not warm and used to be a nice touch. DISEMBARKATION WAS A MESS! The ship staff did not communicate with the non English speakers appropriately until it was to late. The result was a large number of people crowding the lower decks that were not cleared to come into the USA. Entertainment was great and I highly suggest you see "Man from Mars" wherever you are able to. Activities were great and I again participated in the Pub Crawl, that was a hoot! Keep up the good work NCL and we will be back to see soon

Great Ship, Great Crew, Good Value

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by andre4259

andre4259’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Inside
Cabin ID 8621
We were in cabin 8621. Aft cabin inside booked as a 1x guarantee. We were moved up 4 level and 4 categories based on what we should expect. I liked this cabin because it was a very short hall way with fewer staterooms and it was very quiet. I think next time we will move to an outside room.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins