3. Carnival Pride
This is my second cruise, a week in the Bahamas on the Carnival Pride, accompanied by my three daughters, son-in-law and three grand-daughters. I thought that the Carnival Imagination was pretty, with her vibrant colors, but the Pride was the most breathtaking ship imaginable! Everywhere you looked, another fascinating detail until it became almost overwhelming. We arrived too early and spent a lot of time waiting to board, but at least we were sitting down. Later arrivals were standing in long lines. It was obvious that personnel were stressed and irritable when asked questions. Customs people were abrupt and unfriendly. Not a good start. Then we nearly froze during the lifeboat drill. Never, never will I book a tour during late Nov. again! We booked balcony cabins, all being smokers, and shivered for two days, regretting this tobacco addiction! Later, as it finally began to warm, we enjoyed the unobstructed view from the balcony tremendously. First stop Port Canaveral, big disappointment! Cruisers should be warned that there is nothing there but an industrial area so that they can enjoy the port by booking an excursion. Not even a tourist trap shopping area! Knew I should have book that alligator, airboat tour! Second stop, Nassau, great beach area within walking distance (unless you are an out-of-shape great-grandmother like me). Hit the sidewalk with my face, bounced and hit it again, when I tripped over a broken slab of sidewalk. Still a great time. Stayed in the cabin the next stop, hiding a black eye from the fall. Silly, huh? The rest of the family enjoyed Freeport the best! They returned to the ship in high spirits,(yeah, those kind). Reluctantly cruised back to cold weather, so sorry the week was over. The food was excellent on the Lido, I did not go to the dining room. My family tried it one time and did not like it. Everyone had to eat at the same pace with long periods of waiting time. It would have suited better if each person could dine at their own pace and leave when they were ready. They finished eating on the Lido when they left. The cabin stuarts were wonderful in 4211, 4215, and 4219. Always there when needed, gone when not needed. Sure miss someone making my bed and turning it down, not to mention the towel animals and chocolates! Everything was kept spotlessly clean, ice bucket refilled. Thanks, guys, for making it such a great experience. I tipped $20 in addition to regular tip, but on reflection, it hardly seems enough to cover all their smiles and kind words. Tip: If you are from the easily embarrassed generation, avoid the comedy shows! Never beeeen so glad it was dimly lit! Not funny, just obscene. One other show I saw was just so-so. Disembarkation was painless and fast. Would we return? In a heartbeat! Maybe in April this time. Carnival Pride is a marvel a minute! We'll be back, Carnival,count on it! Thanks for a grand time, and thank you, Marcia, PVP, for all the assistance.

Best Family Vacation Ever!

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Rubylightening

• Sail Date: November 2012
  • Destination: Bahamas

Disembarkation was painless and fast.

Rubylightening’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Cabins 4211,4215, 4219

Great unobstructed balconies,lots of storage space, very nice bathroom and shower with shampoo, conditioner and body wash supplied, nice towels and beach towels and warm thick robes.Could have used a blanket, but I just didn't think to ask. My daughter did and received one right away. Ice bucket was replenished regularly. Next time I will try mid-ship as I tend to experience sea sickness, but you couldn't have nicer cabins. One thing they should consider; getting rid of that horrible orange decor and going to a nice blue or green.
  Carnival Pride Deck Plans