3. Westerdam
We can say that H-A was up to the usual standard expected for this type of cruise. Here are some comments on various points related: Food: Very good. No negative comment. Food 2: We also had one night at the Pinnacle Grill (extra of $25. per person) for a good steak. Well, the porterhouse is 24 ounces. Unreal. I left half of it, but the quality was excellent. Same for the Lobster bisque and the Alaska cake. Service: Generally good. However, at the Lido buffet, on 2 occasions, we were looking for space to sit and also saw other people with plates in their hands looking for a table while a section was closed for preparation for the Italian restaurant at night. It was 2 o'clock, well ahead of the night meal. In room: excellent service. Entertainment: Having been on other cruises, we believe improvement is needed here. 2 nights of comedy is a lot when many cruisers do not understand English. Pool: there is one with a rooftop that can close if cold or rainy weather. I personally was sick one day (diarrhea and vomiting). Had to go to infirmary for pills. I was quarantined in my room for 24 hrs, but not my wife. The next day, I was called 4 times to verify if I was well (probably also to check if I was in the room). The quarantine was lifted after I told them I was OK, which was the case. However, after analysing the reason for this lost day, I suspect that the jacuzzi near the pool is responsible. This is a place where virus can spread around quite fast. I met a woman who had the same symptoms and who had gone into the jacuzzi like me the day before. All in all, satisfactory cruise for our original purpose.

RELAXING CRUISE

Westerdam Cruise Review by yvoyage

• Sail Date: December 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Signature Superior Verandah Suite
Food: Very good. No negative comment.
In room: excellent service.
Pool: there is one with a rooftop that can close if cold or rainy weather.

All in all, satisfactory cruise for our original purpose.
yvoyage’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Signature Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SS
We always take verandah room. First time Verandah suite.
Very cosy, large bathroom (2 sinks, whirlpool bath plus separage shower).
Large balcony (app. 4 x 10). Flat screen TV- 22 inches.
Unlike other cruise companies, H-A does not have your account on TV. If you want to know how much you have spent at any moment, you have to go to reception.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins