3. Norwegian Sky
My wife and I have traveled quite a bit and have seen a lot of the world, however, we have never cruised. We got together with some friends last winter and collectively decided to finally check this off our bucket list. We found a great deal on the NCL Sky and decided this was we are booking. We initially booked with 3 other couples, 2 of which were not able to attend due to sick kids and other professional obligations. Now that biography is over, let me talk about the cruise... We had a very nice time in every aspect of the cruise. Let's start with the cabin. We stayed in 9263. This cabin is located just outside of the aft elevators and stair case. I was initially concerned that this might be a noisy spot, but it actually turned out to be a very convenient location, and noise never even came close to being an issue. Having never cruised before, and relying on youtube to have any idea of what our room was going to look like, we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the cabin as it was definitely bigger than we both expected. The food...Reading different reviews, we weren't sure what to expect in term of food, other than it being plentiful. We ate two dinners in the main dining rooms (once in each of them) and found the food to be pretty good. Was it 5-star, no, but putting into account the quantity of food made, it was pretty good. If we were served these meals at a wedding, we would have been happy. We at our other two dinners at Le-Bistro and Cagney's. Atmosphere at both of these restaurants was great, and food was very good. In our opinion, it was worth the cover charge, simple to change up the atmosphere. We ate breakfast every morning, but one at Crossings. There they served made to order breakfasts. We went one morning to the Italian restaurant where the had waffle and omelet stations, but found the wait to be a bit too long. As for lunch and the buffets, food was decent, not great, but certainly passable for a buffet. Drinks...we are from the NY/NJ area, so the drink prices were on par with what we are used to paying at home. There were always opportunities to find deals. Our favorite was 2 for 1 drinks at Longboards from 6-8pm. I'm not sure what else to add here other that we will certainly cruise again with a group of friends (not sure we would enjoy it as much if it was just my wife and I), NCL's Freestyle Cruising concept is certainly a selling point to us, and we really want to try cruising on one of the newer bigger ships.

Had a very nice time on our first cruise.

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by tapacuk

• Sail Date: December 2012
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Now that biography is over, let me talk about the cruise...

tapacuk’s Full Rating Summary