3. Carnival Fascination
This is just a quick review of the Fascination.. My adult daughter and a dear girlfriend joined me for the 4 day out of JAX. We chose it for price and being only 90 miles from Savannah (where we live). After an EASY drive to JAX, we parked at a lot just outside the cruiseport gate - for only $8 per day - then were shuttled over to ship. We splurged (due to great price) and got a Grand Suite w/ Extended Balcony. After having stayed on suites on other lines, I would really only call this a big room - but the beds were great, even the foldout sofa! We had lots of closet space and although we didn't spend much time in the room - it was very pleasant. We didn't go to any shows, or play Bingo, or use the Waterworks or the Mini Golf - we hung around the Serenity area and sunbathed. We did some shopping on board for souvenirs also. Ate at Buffet for lunch & breakfast - but in Sensation dining room for dinner. Food was good - not great, but very good. Our choices included lobster, shrimp, prime rib - and I am now a believer... the warm melting chocolate cake is UNBELIEVABLE!! We took no shore excursions, but got a taxi in Freeport to Lucaya Straw Market & Beach - very disappointing - Freeport has a ghost town feel to it. In Nassau we walked off the ship to shop and got some great deals. Overall we had a great time and plan to do more short hops on the Fascination. Yes, she is a little old, but well maintained, clean and staffed with friendly people.

Weekend Getaway on the Fascination

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by habibti

• Sail Date: November 2012
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

In Nassau we walked off the ship to shop and got some great deals.

habibti’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Grand Suite
Cabin GS U93
U93 - great beds - had 2 loungers & 2 chairs on balcony - TV very small for the cabin size- we moved the sofa to face the TV, more convenient for 3rd person to watch while in bed - loved the robes - tub extremely high to get in & out of
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins