• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

PalmCoastscoop
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2012
Cabin:

While I would agree with several other reviewers on the beauty of the ship, my food poisoning and ensuing quarantine ruined what might have been a more favorable review. And, I think the lack of customer service, coupled with food poisoning, is something others should consider.

At the dining room, early seating, I was served seafood newburg, with three mussels (presumably as decoration)that had their shells closed. Of course I did not eat those mussels. However, the mixed seafood had lots of already shelled mussels in the sauce. Four and a half hours later, I became drastically ill, vomiting with severe cramps. I called the medical center, thinking they should know about the food poisoning. They asked me to come right over, saying they could help.

Instead of wanting to help, their goal was to enforce a legal quarantine based on their preferred diagnosis that I "gastrointestinal" illness that would be contagious. When we attempted to argue that I only had food poisoning (I had none of the other symptoms of gastrointestinal illnness), the nurse would not budge, but said if I felt fine in the morning, I could see the doctor, and if I was well, he could release me. Of course, the Breeze management would rather confine me with a wrongful diagnosis than admit to food poisoning.

We had an inside room, 2459, and it was more spacious than most inside rooms. The bed was comfortable!

Port Reviews

Antigua

We booked this independently because the ship's excursion was full. We went to the beach and Nelson's shipyard. We booked a local cab through the tourism office and it was great. Also much, much cheaper than the same excursion from the ship.

Find a Carnival Breeze Cruise from $284